Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Recipe Share: Peanut Banana Oatmeal Squares



I found this recipe from Gingerbread Bagels on Pinterest last week.  I'm always looking for recipes for breakfast cookies and I thought this "square" recipe would be another viable option.  I was really drawn to this one for its lack of flour, healthy fats, and is low in refined sugar.  The recipe calls for quick-cook oats, but I used old fashioned oats instead, as I prefer their texture.  When it comes to tasting baked goods, I lack patience, so I cut into them a bit early before it had fully set and it caused jagged edges and a bit of crumbling, but they stay together pretty well otherwise.  I eat boiled egg whites for breakfast like they're going out of style, so these will be the perfect nutritional complement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and your time.