Friday, March 1, 2013

Winged Satchels & Handbags

Winged Satchels & Handbags

There's something so sculpted, architectural, sophisticated, and modern about winged purses. I love the silhouette of satchels, but the short handles are usually too short and I don't really like to wear the long shoulder strap. I really like to be able to comfortably wear both handles over my shoulder, so for me, the strap drop is probably the most important detail I look at when shopping for a purse.

I received a coupon for 25% off at Coach and I had had my eye on the Candace for quite some time. (True story: Like, two days before the coupon arrived in my inbox, I told myself the next time I get one of those coupons, I'm gonna go get me one a them there Coach purses. I ended up buying two, but that's a story for another time.) I chose the black color because I really love the graphic contrast of black with whites and brights and thought it would be an addition to my wardrobe that would see a good amount of action. The size is just perfect for my needs. And at 25% off, it was a good deal for an optimum quality leather purse. If you flip it around, it has a outer zippered compartment that hints to the Celine Luggage.

The Celine Luggage bag is way out of my price range, and the exact price is difficult to nail down. The  Purse Forum thread dedicated to just to this subject gives a general range.

The MK Selma comes in around $350 (depending on where you buy it), the J.Crew Tartine at $325, and the Coach Tanner is $498.

What do you think of this silhouette? Do you have a winged handbag that's not on this list? I want to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and your time.