Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Ubiquitous "What In My Purse?"

I can't believe it's happening, but I think I might be running out of stuff to talk about.  *gasp* I know!

I think it's because I'm not getting much in the way of feedback/comments that spark conversation which turn into future posts.  I guess we'll have to see. 


Left to right, top to bottom:
Glasses case + glasses
My husband's spare key (the second I take this out of my purse he WILL get locked out of his car)
RayBan Clubmaster sunglasses (I think calling sunglasses "sunnies" is about the corniest thing ever)
Flexible fabric Band-Aids
Tide pen (well, because I'm me)
Pen
CoverGirl compact (this I think is TruMinerals pressed powder - comparable to MAC Skinfinish)
Excedrin Migraine
My car keys
Gum (I only chew the kind that makes my mouth burn like dry ice)
Nail file, Clinique Chubby Stick in Graped Up, cherry Carmex, OPI Monsooner or Later (the second I snapped this picture, I promptly put it away.  The thought of this spilling in my purse makes me cringe and lightheaded)
L'Occitane hand cream
Umbrella (always be prepared in Florida)
Paper money, plastic money, coin money and identifiers
Floss


The purse is the Coach New Willis in Vermillion.  I haven't used this much until very recently (like, within the past couple of days).  I am a big fan of my trusty J. Crew Brompton Hobo as an every day carryall.  


I thought I needed a carryall because I like to organize my doodads into pouches.  Pouches take up room, hence the necessity for a bigger bag.  I was thisclose to selling it, as I have had it since Memorial Day and used it twice, but I figured I'd give it another go before I went that route.  



I took all of the tchotchkes out of their organizing pouches and weeded out what I used and what I didn't, and when I looked at my pile, it wasn't a whole heck of a lot.  Everything fit easily, with no cramming! 


Now let me tell you, my OCD gremlin was about to have a panic attack at the thought of that hand cream tube splitting (it's happened before) or that powder getting cracked into a million pieces and it all leaking and oozing out onto the pretty striped satin lining and staining it.  But it's a purse.  It's meant to hold your stuff and it's meant to be used.  I just try not to think about it.



All in all, it's a good little purse.  The color is on trend without being trendy, the hardware is substantial, the leather, of course, is impeccable, and I like how there's two sets of straps.  This might be a good long-term exercise in not trying to anticipate everything that could happen (aka, look, the sky won't fall, so you don't need to bring your hard hat).


3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of stuff for such a little purse. My purses are 12 inches or bigger. I carry the regular stuff like keys, sunglasses, reading glasses, wallet and my husband stuff like his reading glasses, glucose tubes, granola bar, measuring tape (yes), and some Alleve for the shoulder pain I get from carrying all the heavy stuff. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my husband needs his own purse. I can't tell you how many times we've been out and he's said, "Uh oh, I forgot my wallet". With a purse, he can just have it all in one place! Although, I have seen a super cute rug with the words "Wallet Keys Phone".

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and your time.