Sunday, July 15, 2012

What I Wore: It's Summer Time - Is The Living Easy?

What I Wore: So It's Summer Time - Is The Living Easy?



The answer - for this gal, it's a no.  I work in the advising office at UWF, so we participate in what some may consider the most important orientation activity - registration for the fall semester.  Now, I'm not an advisor, but during orientation, I'm what our office administrator calls a "special guest" that helps them with registration and putting a schedule together.  So, for all intents and purposes, I do advising during this time.  And believe you me, it's more exhausting than it sounds... mostly on the nerves.  We see students who are petrified by making the "wrong" decision, some that don't know what's going on, and then of course there are those who think they know more than we.  

I've been trying to pepper in some trips to the beach and other fun activities on the weekends, but I find that sitting a home in front of the computer is all I want to do (we've had more rain than sun here lately anyway).  We have 4 more orientations in the next two weeks and after that we're home free.  However, I know that after orientation, we'll all have a hard time filling our time at work.  It's either feast or famine in our office.  I'm sure I can come up with some kind of harebrained scheme to keep me busy.  Even if it's using some spare zip ties to prank a co-worker's office.

On to the outfit.

I love aqua and blue right now.  To me, it epitomizes cool - cool breezes, cooler temperatures, a cool blogger (I keed, I keed).  I bought the tank from the online J. Crew Factory Store.  It's light as a feather, so it's perfect for summer layering.  Since most regular tanks have an indecent neckline on my shortness, I like layering them over a crisp button-down sort of like a sweater vest.  The trick to layering over a button-down is to not have the the buttons or placket impose its imprint on your top layer.  Sequins do a great job of keeping this from happening.  The sequins on the tank aren't super shiny (but add just enough texture) and are tonal, so it's absolutely doable for day and if you work in a creative, relaxed office like mine, totally work appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and your time.