Friday, July 13, 2012

Recipe Share: Santa Fe Chicken Soup



Last week, I found a recipe by skinnytaste.com for Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken on Pinterest (which you'll find is where most of my recipes come from).   I was looking for an easy supper that didn't require a lot of slicing and dicing or waiting for rice to cook, so I transformed this into a soup.  I'm not much of a measurer, but here's something that might sort of resemble a recipe.  If you have an electric can opener, go ahead and break it out - there are many cans to be opened.



Santa Fe Chicken Soup

2 large cans of chicken (drained)
1 can of Rotel
1 can of sweet corn (drained)
1 can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
3 cubes of chicken stock
3 cups of water
1/2 to 1 tsp garlic powder (to taste)
~2 tsp dried onion 
1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
~2 tbsp sliced green onions 
~2 tbsp fresh cilantro
sour cream
shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend)


Method:
Put everything in a pot.  Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes.  When serving, add some sour cream and shredded cheese and garnish with more green onions and cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and your time.