Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Payday Purchase: J. Crew Peplum Top in Fresco Floral Sateen

Payday Purchase: J. Crew Peplum Top in Fresco Floral Sateen





In an attempt to appease both my closet cravings and my wallet (um, and my husband's wallet, too),  I have decided to treat myself to one item each payday.   This time around is the J. Crew Peplum Top in Fresco Floral Sateen.  When it first debuted on the J. Crew website, I fell in love with the shape.  Being of a somewhat hourglass shape, I was concerned that it would accentuate my hips and thighs.  However, on the model, it looks like it comes right under her ribs, just above the waist.  I figure it should sit right at my waist and hit me just right.

Here's how I'm planning to style it:

Option 1.
White boyfriend jeans and my Viv striped flats.  Nothing beats a crisp white jean and will sort of make the top a little more casual.  I opted for the striped flat because I love to mix patterns and also because the navy will help anchor the other elements.  Also, with a more generously cut pant, the pointed toe of the shoes will bring some structure to the overall look.

Option 2.
Mint jeans and my Factory Cece flats in fuchsia.  The mint will pick up the green tones in the top and the super bold suede flat will add a complementary color that contrasts yet coordinates.

This lil darlin' should be arriving within the next few days, so hopefully a rave review will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and your time.