Friday, July 27, 2012

Super Natural Supernatural Makeup Look

Super Natural

It seems like the no-makeup makeup look is the one that everyone's trying to achieve, and there's no shortage of bloggers ready to oblige with tutorials and examples.  My favorite video so far is from makeup artist Lisa Eldridge.  MakeUpByTiffanyD has done several videos on natural looks, so I recommend her YouTube channel.  Today, I'd like to share the products that I use to achieve my natural no-makeup makeup look.

Complexion

     I combine these two to make more of a tinted moisturizer.  Since the foundation contains a primer, it gives a little bit of extra coverage.  I have oily skin, so if I just wear a full face of foundation, it will clump and not be pretty.  I mix it on my fingertips and apply directly to my face.
3. Smashbox High Definition Concealer: I conceal after my foundation.  It's a good concealer; it covers imperfections, lessens the appearance of pores and is tolerated by my eye area.  I also use my fingers with this product as well.
4. Bare Minerals Warmth: I use this as contour/bronzer.  I blend it up into my cheeks to add some color.  Check out this video on contouring.  I apply this with an angled face brush and use different face brush to blend it out.
5. Smasbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder.  I use this to set my makeup and it gives some extra coverage, too.  I apply this with a large face brush like the Bare Minerals Flawless Face Brush.

Eyes

1. NYX Eyebrow Push-Up Bra: I apply the lighter side directly to the area under the brow and to the inner corner of the eye.  I blend the area under the brow with my fingers and to blend the inner corner I use a cotton swab.  I use the opposite darker end to groom my brows.
2 + 3 Mascaras: I use two different mascaras.  My base layer is the Cover Girl Lash Blast.  Because my eyes are slightly by irritated by it, I seal my lashes with Maybelline Volum' Express the Mega Plush Mascara.

Lips

I keep it super simple here.  A swipe of Carmex and the look is complete.  I love how it amplifies the natural color of one's lips.  And it isn't sticky, goopy or drying.

And that's it.  My own Super Natural Supernatural Makeup Look.  What are your favorite no-makeup makeup products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and your time.