Saturday, June 30, 2012

What I Wore


Destination:  Office
Occasion: Orientation

Orientation Friday


2. Lands End (similar)
4. Jewelry
  • Fossil Boyfriend watch (mine is an older style that's no longer available - similar)
  • pearl earrings (similar - but you can find these with a simple Google search at any price point)
  • Vintage silver ID bracelet (similar)
6. Beauty


  • Philosophy Baby Grace EDT (here)
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipcolor - Fuchsia Fusion (any drugstore should carry this - or here)

Orientation days in our office mean all-day marathons of seeing incoming freshmen and assisting them with their fall registrations.  That means lots of sitting and smiling and mouse clicking, and therefore, comfort isn't really an issue.  I used this opportunity to break in my new J. Crew Viv Stripe Flats.  Even at what's typically generous size 6, I found these Viv flats to run a bit small.  My right foot is a hair larger than my left, so I had some rubbing (no blister developed) on my right ankle/heel, and while it was somewhat uncomfortable, it wasn't as bad as other shoe break-ins.

I layered my Anchors Aweigh blouse with a crisp white button down with caused a little difficulty in putting it on and taking it off.   If you're planning to layer something under this blouse, perhaps consider buying a size up.  I layered because I slather on my Dove clinical protection deodorant and I have no patience with deodorant marks on my shirt.  Besides, it added some texture and dimension to the outfit.


The Cafe capri is true to size and the selection of colors this season is unparalleled.  It hits me just right on the leg (at 5', I'm a petite petite) and is very flattering.


I have fairly sensitive eyes and I somewhat overwhelmed by eyeshadow  and eyeliner just melts onto my lower eye area, so for the time being, I'm switching my focus to my lips and lip color.  I hit up Target yesterday for some more current colors and modern finishes.  The Revlon Super Lustrous color has a great color payoff and surprising staying power - I only touched up once after lunch.  Before I swipe on color,  I put on Mac lip conditioner (just on the the bottom lip and I purse my lips to spread it up to my top lip - it ends up getting too slippery when I put it on both lips) and then a nude lip liner to make sure everything stays on and stays where it needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and your time.